As a former professional musician, I love spending my free time enjoying all the music offerings Denver and the surrounding area offer! A variety of artists, genres, and venues means that you won’t have a shortage of live music options. Here are just a few:
- Red Rocks Amphitheatre: One of the most recognizable locations in Colorado, this outdoor amphitheater features stunning views of the Denver skyline, gorgeous hikes, and a unique, iconic outdoor concert experience. Having hosted many of the world’s most famous musicians for decades, Red Rocks is a can’t-miss venue! Be aware, concerts go on rain or shine (or wind or snow). Be sure to bring layers!
- Denver Center for the Performing Arts: The second-largest performing arts complex in the nation, the Denver Center (DCPA) features the symphony hall, opera house, multiple theatre spaces of various sizes, and an outdoor gallery performance area. Professional ensembles in residence include the Colorado Symphony, Opera Colorado, the Colorado Ballet, and the DCPA Theatre Company. In addition, many guest performers stage concerts in these diverse spaces in the heart of LoDo.
- Mission Ballroom: One of Denver’s newest venues, the Mission Ballroom offers a modern and spacious club concert experience.
- Fiddler’s Green: This expansive venue in the Denver Tech Center provides a great outdoor space for some of the area’s largest concerts.
- Ball Arena: The main venue for large-scale stadium concerts. This is the place you can expect to visit when the biggest names in today’s music world tour in Denver.
- Smaller venues, including the Ogden Theatre, the Gothic Theatre, and the Bluebird Theatre: These spaces allow for more intimate concert experiences with a variety of genres, including indie rock, EDM, and pop.
There are many more venues, including local spaces in the cities and towns surrounding Denver. There will be so many to check out, you can enjoy a constant stream of live music any time of the year and in any genre. See you at the next show!